Monday, September 5, 2011

Interpretation of Psalm 23

God keeps me safe
and I need nothing more.
God lays me down in a field of gentle grass.
God leads me to a park bench on a quiet bay,
and restores my life on a golden afternoon.
You help me do things better for higher purposes
that are far greater than my clumsy imaginings and dreams.
Even though I walk alone down a wooded path on a moonless night,
you overcome my isolation, and touch me with your infinite power.
You bless me like a warm summer rain flowing over my head.
You sit me down with people I despise,
then illuminate the room with your divine love.
I am confident that I will always know goodness and mercy
in the world around me as long as I live,
and I will be silent and listen for your presence in every moment of my life.

No comments: